Many of you ask me about my creative process and I thought that it could be useful to add a written step-by-step- guide to this video here on my Blog. So don´t forget to sign up for the newsletter (on the right side of this article) to do not miss anything!
Here is my process:
- Look for reference images. In this case, I already knew that I wanted to illustrate the MAC Kiss of Stars Lipstick so I just had to find a really clear image of it.
- Using the G-Pen Brush of Clip Studio Paint I trace the outline in black on a vector layer
- I create a new raster layer and, using the vector layer as a reference layer, I start adding flat colors.
- I create a new raster layer for the lights and using the white I start adding them.
- I create a new raster layer and set it as “multiply”. This one is for the shadows and using a violet dark tone I start adding them.
- I create the stars using the Star brush. Locking the transparent pixel, I color the stars. I add some details with the G-Pen.
- On a new layer, I add some sparkles with the Glitter Circle Cross brush.
- Using the Bloodstain brush I add the black color splash on the background
Et voilà. The illustration is done!
If you enjoy this post, please be sure to take a screenshot and share it out on Instagram and tag me – @manuela_desimone and I’ll be sure to share it on my Instagram Stories as well.
Write them in the comments below
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel